Divergent


"Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it, that's the point." ~ FOUR/TOBIAS

Divergent is the first dystopian novel I ever read. I picked it up after seeing the movie poster at the movies. It looked cool and I started reading it as I left for the airport. By the time I got home, I was done with Divergent and by the next night, I finished Insurgent.
PS. There will be spoilers in this post.


The world where this series takes place really intrigues me. I love Tris. She is so strong. 

So basically, they are part of this world which has been divided into five factions: Abnegation, Candor, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. Tris belongs to Abnegation but during the test to find which faction you're best suited for and Tris finds out she's divergent, as in she doesn't belong anywhere in particular. 

In that world, being Divergent is dangerous and she has to keep that hidden. She chose to be in Dauntless where she meets Four or Tobias Eaton, who appears to be Divergent. 

Tobias is my favorite character in the book. He is so strong even after what he went through as a child. I personally can't even imagine that kind of a childhood. So Tobias is only two years older than Tris but he is such an accomplished individual.

I kind of like broody characters, they appear to be one thing on the outside but there is always this one person who sees through their facade and help them grow into themselves. 

I love how she becomes stronger and stronger throughout the book and how she faces her fears. Also, the scenes following her experience with the fear serum are one of my favs.

I love her mother's character. I don't know why but I just do. I love Four and Tris's chemistry. They are such a great couple. 

My absolute favorite scene in the book is when Tris came back from Erudite after seeing Caleb and Eric catch her and Four said she ran away because he hurt her feelings. I love the scene with Four and Tris after that. 

Also, I love when four gets controlled and Tris helps him get back and fights Jeanine. I hate her. She's awful.


And the ending was perfect. I love how Tobias tells Tris he loves her.
I feel so bad for Christina. Poor Will. Also poor Tris for having to kill of her only friends. :(

All in all, this was a kick ass book, and I loved it more when I re-read it.


"A new place, a new name. I can be remade here. 'Tris' I say firmly." ~ BEATRICE/TRIS


Reviews for rest of the series:
Divergent
Insurgent

No comments: